Departments and Positions (Bundle 4 only)
Departments and Positions allow you to manage the people within your organization. You can use 'Departments' to group or segment applicants by location, campus, team, etc. You can then use 'Positions' as a sub-category within the Department. 'Positions' are the opportunities within your organization that applicants will register for and complete the background check consent form in order to participate.
Step 1: Go to Settings
Step 2: Select Departments menu
Step 3: Click + New Department and name the Department
Note: After creating multiple departments, if you need to rearrange the order of the departments, use the "Place Before" option to move them.
Step 4: Select Positions menu
Step 5: Click + New Position
- Name the Position
- Assign the Position to a Department in the drop down
- Select a 'Form' for the Position (optional if using multiple forms)
Step 6: Complete Optional Fields
- Add a description for the Position. This description will appear on your job board if you are using our public registration link. Applicants can register via the public link without being invited by a user in your organization.
- Select a 'Form' for the Position. Bundle 4 users can create separate forms when specific information is needed from an applicant for a position. For example: if the position requires the applicant to have a motor vehicle record search, the form could make submitting DL information a requirement. Or you can ask custom questions specific to a position by creating a unique form for that Position.
Requirements and Other Requirements are also optional. These are only reminders for your organization and do not have any impact on ordering or workflows.
- These requirements will NOT automatically order a background check. They are simply designed as a reminder during the process of moving the applicants through the Pipeline.
- Add emails for people who are not users in your account that need to be notified when applications for a specific position are submitted.
Note: To remove a Department or Position from appearing on your public portal, uncheck the box for "Show" and this will deactivate the Department or Position.